This home at 1503 East Chandler was built originally in 1867 on Garrison Hill, Fort Gibson, Indian Territory. In 1902, William Martin "Clu" Gulager had the home dismantled, numbering each stone and piece of wood, conveyed it to this site and then reconstructed in its originally state. "Clu Clu" is the Cherokee name for "Martin", the eastern Oklahoma bird. During the 1920's, Clu Gulager served in the Oklahoma state senate. In later years, W. T. Denton, the pioneer oil man lived in this home with his family.