george murphy

On the Register of National Historic Sites, this home, following the Mission Architectural style, was built in 1907 at 1321 West Okmulgee Avenue for Colonel George A. Murphy, a prominent Muskogee attorney. He also served on the board of directors for the American National Bank of Muskogee. His widow Clara, contributed funds which helped build Murphy Hall, a one time popular meeting place for various organizations and civic clubs.

Historic Homes of Muskogee Home